Your right to privacy is important to RGB Spectrum (also referred to as "RGB Spectrum," "us" or "we"). This policy explains how we handle any personal information we obtain from you through this or any other website (also referred to as "site") we operate. Personal information is
- information that enables us to identify you, including your name, address, telephone numbers and email address, and
- other information you provide such as your end user/customer, project or program.
It also describes your data protection rights, including a right to object to some of the processing which RGB Spectrum executes. More information about your rights, and how to exercise them, is set out in the "What rights do I have?" section below.
Collection of Personal Information
When you visit our site and request information, sharing your personal information is strictly voluntary. However, to access certain features of our website, request information or complete transactions, you may be prompted for personal information. If you choose not to provide personal information when requested, you will not be able to obtain the services, information or benefits that require such disclosure.
Use of Personal Information
We process the personal information you have provided:
- to make it easier for us to fulfill your requests;
- for purposes which are required by law, including in response to requests by government or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation;
- to conduct our business and pursue our legitimate interests, in particular:
- we will use your information to provide products and services you have requested, and respond to any comments or complaints you may send us;
- we monitor use of our websites and online services, and use your information to help us monitor, improve and protect our products, content, services and websites, both online and offline;
- we use information you provide to personalize our website, products or services to make them more relevant to you;
- we monitor customer accounts to prevent, investigate and/or report fraud, terrorism, misrepresentation, security incidents or crime, in accordance with applicable law;
- we use information you provide to investigate any complaints received from you or from others, about our website or our products or services;
- where you give us consent:
- we will send you direct marketing in relation to our relevant products and services, or other products and services provided by us, our affiliates and carefully selected partners;
- on other occasions where we ask you for consent, we will use the data for the purpose which we explain at that time.
Who will we share this data with, where and when?
Under certain circumstances, we may provide your personal information to third parties for delivering our goods or services to you and for other purposes related to your use of our products or your interest in securing employment with RGB Spectrum. For example, we may provide such information to our designated customer support providers, authorized sales representatives, authorized distributors, shipping companies, auditors, attorneys, or recruiters. We will only provide those third parties the information they need to perform the contemplated service.
Aside from the foregoing, we will not provide any of your personal information to other companies or individuals without your permission, unless required by law or for the other legal purposes described below.
The personal information you provide us may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which we or any affiliates conduct operations, our offices can be found at rgb.com/contact. We will share your personal information within the RGB Spectrum group of companies to allow you to access certain features of our website, communicate with you, assist you in making a purchase of our products or in the job application process.
Where personal information is transferred outside the European Economic Area (EEA), and where this is to a stakeholder or vendor in a country that is not subject to an adequacy decision by the European Commission, safeguards such as standard contractual clauses or Privacy Shield certification will be used. A copy of the relevant mechanism can be provided for your review on request to the contact details below.
What rights do I have?
Where permitted by law, you have the right to ask us for a copy of your personal information; to correct, delete or restrict (stop any active) processing of your personal information; and to obtain the personal information you provide to us for a contract or with your consent in a structured, machine readable format, and to ask us to share (port) this data to another controller.
In addition, you can object to the processing of your personal information in some circumstances (where we don't have to process the data to meet a contractual or other legal requirement, or where we are using the data for direct marketing).
These rights may be limited, for example, if fulfilling your request would reveal personal information about another person, or if you ask us to delete information which we are required by law to keep or have compelling legitimate interests in keeping.
To exercise any of these rights, you can get in touch with us using the details set out below. Where relevant, if you have unresolved concerns, you have the right to complain to an EU data protection authority in the EU member state where you live, work or where you believe a breach may have occurred.
A cookie is a text file that a website transfers to your device's hard drive for record-keeping purposes and to enhance the quality of your visit to the website.
Our site uses the following types of cookies:
- Strictly Necessary Cookies: These cookies are essential to enable you to navigate all areas of our site and use its features, such as logging in, navigating the site and retaining the logged in state. Without these cookies, access to restricted content and functionality cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies: These cookies collect information about how visitors use our site, so that we can analyze traffic and understand how our visitors interact with our website.
- Functionality Cookies: These cookies allow our site to remember choices you make (such as your user name, or the region you are in) and provide enhanced, more personal features.
- Social Media Cookies: These cookies are used when you share information using a social media sharing button or “like” button on our site or you link your account or engage with our content on or through a social media site such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn or Google+. This information may be linked to targeting/advertising activities.
- Advertising Cookies: Our site may use third-party advertising networks to deliver targeted advertising. They may also have the capability to track your browsing across different sites and apps.
Where required, we will ask for your consent before we implement cookies.
Personal information and data retention
Where we process registration data, we do this for as long as you are an active user of our sites and for as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about our products and services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations.
Where we process personal information for marketing purposes or with your consent, we process the data until you ask us to stop and for a short period after this (to allow us to implement your requests). We also keep a record of the fact that you have asked us not to send you direct marketing or to process your data indefinitely so that we can respect your request in the future.
We hope that we can satisfy queries you may have about the way we process your personal information. If you have any concerns about how we process your data, or would like to opt out of direct marketing, you can email email@example.com or by writing to RGB Spectrum, 950 Marina Village Parkway, Alameda, CA 94501.