Senior Firmware Engineer
RGB Spectrum is looking for an experienced firmware engineer to develop embedded application software for our next generation of products. Use your product development experience to develop embedded firmware and user interfaces for board and box-level products that are rich in video, signal processing and control functionality.
- Specify, design & develop products to accomplish corporate and engineering objectives by supplying applications and embedded system solutions for a growing video product line (including wall processors, multi-viewers, switchers, codecs, and video servers).
- Develop and track detailed specifications, designs and documentation in conjunction with peers and Engineering, Marketing and Project Managers.
- Contribute to improvements in software development methodology and best practices including requirements definition, specification development, and DVT/unit test strategies.
- Review chip specifications, bring up third party hardware evaluation and development boards, and develop test code to determine feature feasibility.
- Participate in prioritizing, scheduling, tracking the development, verification and release of your hands-on code with other hardware & software engineers and program managers.
- Develop new C code as well as maintain existing code base on a variety of processors: TI DaVinci, Arm 9, Hitachi SH-4, Freescale 56K, Philips NXP.
- Write architectural overviews and detailed software design specifications, including test requirements, task lists and schedules, as required by our ISO development process.
- Verify software functionality both in your own test environment as well as in conjunction with the rest of the project team and system test engineers.
- Effectively communicate ideas, objectives and plans both internally and outside the Software group and project team.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- College degree in EE, CS, or Mathematics or equivalent.
- 12+ years hands-on experience developing software for embedded applications.
- Demonstrated successful debugging and completion of embedded firmware based systems
- Fluent and experienced writing Linux drivers and middleware for shipping product.
- Experience implementing and debugging DSP applications on a variety of RTOS platforms.
- Consistent demonstration of strong firmware development practices.
- In-depth knowledge of C and experience with assembly language programming.
- Ability to lead and work closely with others in a small team environment.
- Experience programming video integrated circuits: graphics chipsets, converters, scalers, video encoders & decoders, and DVI/HDMI receiver/transmitters
- Practice resolving undefined or vaguely defined Marketing requirements.
- Knowledge of uncompressed video standards & protocols (DVI, YPrPb, EDID, HDCP, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills can lead and run departmental or project meetings, write status reports, and present to executive staff or customers.
- Experience with HDMI features (metadata, HDCP, audio, deep color).
- Experience with Java for control panel development.
Qualified applicants should send their resume to RGB Spectrum, Attn: HR/SFE, 950 Marina Village Parkway, Alameda, CA 94501