Senior Firmware Architect Codecs)
Since its founding in 1987, RGB Spectrum has established itself as a leading designer and manufacturer of cutting-edge videographic products for audio-visual, industrial, and military applications. With advanced capabilities, proven reliability, and flexible user interfaces, RGB Spectrum's products are preferred by a "Who's Who" list of the world's major industrial, medical, military, entertainment, and academic organizations.
RGB Spectrum's mission is to offer innovative solutions for the display, recording, and transmission of computer and video signals. Products include videowalls, video codecs, video windowing systems, multi-input processors, keyers/overlayers, DVI switchers, video scalers, multi-screen displays, and high scan rate recording devices.
Markets for these products are extremely diverse, and include traffic control systems, flight simulators, television stations, tactical operations centers, casinos, training centers, distance learning facilities, video conferencing rooms, boardrooms, network operations centers, and location-based entertainment facilities.
RGB Spectrum is located in Alameda, California where it occupies 36,000 square feet of office space. The company is privately held.
RGB Spectrum feels strongly about the health and welfare of all RGB employees and provides Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, LTD, 401k, tuition reimbursement and flexible spending accounts.
RGB Spectrum is looking for an experienced Firmware Architect to specify, design, and develop embedded application software for our next generation of codec products serving the ProAV and government/military markets.
- Develop high performance H.264 and JPEG 2000 video and graphics codec products using 3rd party SOC codecs or Video DSPs to attain demanding system requirements
- Participate in selection on SOC and DSP solutions, including system and firmware performance analysis, tool chain support, and available IP vs proprietary solutions
- Specify design approach & unit test requirements, and write detailed software design specifications including unit test, and design-driven functional test (DVT)
- Prioritize, schedule, track, and coordinate the development, verification and release of your code with other hardware & software engineers and program managers
- Verify software functionality both in your own test environment as well as in conjunction with the rest of the project team and system test engineers
- Develop new code as well as sustain existing code base
- Effectively communicate ideas, objectives and plans both internally and outside the Software team
- BS or MS degree in EE, CS, or Mathematics or equivalent
- 10+ years hands-on experience developing software for embedded applications
- Recent experience streaming compressed video over IP
- Recent experience writing Linux drivers and middleware for shipping product
- Knowledge of uncompressed video standards & protocols (DVI, YCrCb, EDID, HDCP, etc.)
- Familiarity and practice in the application of strong firmware development practices
- In-depth knowledge of C/C++
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to lead and work closely with others in a small team environment
Desirable Additional Skills:
- Experience with Maxim/Mobilygen MG3500
- Experience with TI DaVinci Processor
- Experience programming video integrated circuits: graphics chipsets, converters, scalers, video encoders & decoders, and DVI/HDMI receiver/transmitters
If you are interested in one of the positions listed above, please do not telephone.
Please FAX resumes to (510) 814-7026,
e-mail to email@example.com, or mail to:
950 Marina Village Parkway
Alameda, CA 94501